Friday, February 24, 2012

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation





Swatch:

when blended


What I love best about this product is that it gives me that slight dewy finish. My face is usually dry to begin with, so I need all the moisture I can get. Love that it looks smooth and the color blends really well with my skin tone. 

The staying power and the coverage is amazing, I tried using it without primer, just moisturizer underneath and it stayed on me for 7 hours. After that I had to blot a little on the forehead. I guess it will last longer if you use a primer prior the foundation application.

All in all, I love the finish, the coverage and the packaging. Unlike 'pumps' you can easily control the amount of  product you will be using with this. No need to dip or pour, just pinch a little and you're good to go.

MAC Studio Fix vs MAC Studio Sculpt



Both are NC 25, but Studio Fix is darker compared to Studio Sculpt. Making me love studio sculpt more. See how studio fix turned orange'y on my hand? While the latter blends well with my skin.


The coverage? Studio Fix for me, gives  full coverage and sometimes if applied with fingers can look cakey. While Studio sculpt is on the light to medium side. I like that, with  studio sculpt I don't feel like wearing a mask because the product itself feels light on my skin.

Studio Sculpt on me:
It looks flawless in photos. Excuse my eye bags please! hahaha



If you have normal to dry skin, better try this one. As for me I love it and I'm giving this 10 Stars! hahaha. 



Till then, Mwah!


17 comments:

  1. It looks flawless against your skin! I wore this when I was NC20, but I got darker and sold it in a blog sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamilla, that's sad. This really is a good product. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love M.A.C!!! :) Your foundation looks flawless indeed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great on you! I tried this when it first came out, but it didn't work for me because I have oily skin and just slid off my face!

    Glad it works for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lipglossgossip, good thing for me I have dry skin. I guess that's the reason why it stays on me, ;)

      Delete
  4. Ahh that's my shade too.. and had to stop using it because of it oxidizing. It just looked crazy orange! Now I'm considering getting Studio Sculpt... but does it cover redness well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrissy, I was told that I am acidic that's why studio fix usually turns orange'y on me. I'm glad studio sculpt doesn't. ;)

      Delete
  5. This is what I used to use and what I am going back to. After trying other high end brands, I have decided that M.A.C does foundation the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GirlieBlogger, same here. MAC products always looks good in photos.

      Delete
  6. Nicee!!! it indeed loks flawless :)

    http://dressmeupbuttercup.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU ARE VERY PRETTY :)
    anyway, I love how this works like magic--flawless and all that jazz. I've tried so many liquid foundations (high end and drugstore ones) nothing is comparable to this one. Right now, I'm using revlon's custom creation in 010 which is quite okay----mac is better. the first time I've ever laid eyes on mac's studio sculpt foundation was during my visit to my bf's house. His sister, who is a commercial model, made me try this one and so i fell inlove with it and immediately purchased two tubes (one NC30-my shade, one NC25-to make my eyes pop) yes, it's a bit pricey but i guess you're getting more than what you paid for. hers lasted for about a year. pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cailey. :) I agree, I love this product too :)

      Delete
  8. I really thought that Studio Sculpt was the foundation with the thickest consistency amongst other MAC foundies. oh well, may it differs depending on your shade. awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hollie I thought so too. Glad I tried both of them out. :) now, I'm using it more than studio fix. :)

      Delete
  9. WOW this is really pretty! i have been looking for a foundation to replace my old one and this looks ideal.:)

    ReplyDelete