Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lioele Water Drop BB Cream


Lioele is another Korean brand which is very famous when it comes to BB Creams. BB meaning Blemish Balm or Beblesh Balm (as most Koreans call them,)  was initially used only by dermatologist because of its skin-generating functions. It is said to help improve the appearance of scars, wrinkles and other blemishes on the skin.

Now it is widely used as part of make up routine, because unlike the regular foundations, this one has healing properties to improve different kinds of skin conditions.


BB Creams gained a huge following because it is said to be "the secret of most Korean Actresses." I'm sure most of us know how good their skin looked like on TV. With all the "Koreanovelas" out there it's impossible not to see at least one of them. I, too am hooked on the craze right now.

Too bad, Lioele brand is not available here in the Philippines, I got this one during our recent trip to Hong Kong 2 months ago. I was torn on getting this one and Skin 79's VIP Gold collection, since both of them are not available in our local market, I ended up getting both. 

The sales attendant was kind enough to swatch both at the back of my arm, for me to see the difference.


Lioele BB cream is less sticky and less oilier compared to Skin 79's VIP gold BB cream, and because of these, I was sold.




Likes:
*Its water based, so its easily absorbed by the skin.
*Blends really well with my skin color.
*With this, I don't need to use concealer.
*Also doubles as a moisturizer which is really great for my dry skin.
*Medium coverage, just right to cover up small imperfections.
*No allergic reactions.
*Has SPF!
*Lasts the whole day even when used alone- without face primer! 
*And again, since its water based, you can easily remove it. 


Hate:
*Not available locally.


My bare face with just Lioele Water Drop BB
no concealers, moisturizers, sunblocks or whatever.

Told you, you can use this alone without concealers. Just be sure to dab a little powder to set it.

I used Etude House's BB compact to set the BB cream.





Other Products used:
Etude Color My Brows to groom the Eyebrows. 
MAC Chilled on Ice Paint Pot to prime the eyelids.
MAC Peek At You on eye shadow.
Elf Liquid Eye liner in Brown to line the upper lids
In2It Balloon Brush Mascara on lashes.
MAC Mineralize Blush in Improvise on the cheeks.
MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick on the lips.




Till then... Mwah!


10 comments:

  1. Great finish! I love Missha BB creams myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see a difference. Don't think it's in the U.S either - cry!

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh I Do miss stalking on Lioele products, I own only one! The bb cream!

    Good this works for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love lioele ^_^ i may give this bb a try LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've been meaning to switch from my concealer/foundation to a BB cream..but i've been confused as to what product to try as i easily have breakouts when i use the wrong product. i even have breakouts with mary kay..hehe.

    ps. the blogger app for iphone is heaven-sent! thanks for sharing..will download it ASAP! :D

    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jamilla, yup, love it ;)


    Thank you Rebel Chic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi the girlie blog, too bad, we don't have it here in the Philippines either. ;(


    hi Nikki, this is also my only one from the brand ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marge, this one is on sale sa Hong Kong. Check it out if you're going there this month ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gizelle, in that case, you should try every product until you find what's best for your skin. lol. For me its always trial and error. hahaha

    ReplyDelete