Thursday, August 18, 2011

Laura Mercier Flawless Face Kit

Laura Mercier Flawless Face Kit

When I went to Rustan's  a few weeks back to check on Stila's new eye shadows, I stopped by Laura Mercier counter and found these instead.


The goodies inside:

I only wanted to try their concealer but the  SA told me that one of their best products is the tinted moisturizer. I asked for the price- it's P 1, 500+ for full size (if I remember it right.) and I'm not ready to shell out that much for a tinted moisturizer, plus my holy grail Primer with spf 50 -sunblock only costs P499. I asked if they have a trial size, she said they don't have it, only travel sized ones, and she showed me these...

 Laura Mercier Foundation Primer and Tinted Moisturizer with SPF20

I was about to get these two, but she said its included in the kit. She showed me what's inside the flawless face kit, and when I saw that the concealer I've been eye-ing on, is included in the kit, I gave in.

Laura Mercier Undercover Pot


The pot has 2 concealers, the left one (lighter) to conceal blemishes and the right part is for your under eye circles.


The right part which is for your under eyes are much creamier compared to the other one.


At the bottom of the pot, you'll find the Powder. This is for setting the concealer.

Concealer Swatch
 (Products are swatched 5x each)

This pot is almost perfect for me. Almost- (still NOT perfect.) because I find the shade a bit darker on my under eye. I usually mix it with my MAC studio finish concealer to make it a little lighter. Other than that, I think its Good. Especially the packaging and the consistency.

Now on to the Primer...

What it says on the back: 
*Perfect for all skin types
*Creates a smooth and invisible layer to prepare the skin
*Your Foundation will stay fresh the whole day

True to its promise, I think this is one of the best I've tried. I love that its very light and perfect for everyday use. After using it for two weeks,- still no break outs or allergies, unlike the other primers I've tried. 

Note:  This is just a primer, its not meant to cover blemishes or imperfections.

Now for the Moisturizer...
 What it says on the back: 
*Perfect for all skin types
*SPF 20 provides ideal protection from damaging rays of the sun
*Its lightweight formula moisturizes the skin while adding a natural glow to your complexion

Just like the primer, its lightweight, easily absorbed by the skin and again, it doesn't break me out. 
Maybe this is why they rave about Laura Mercier products a lot. These two for me is a must have for everyday use. You can top it off with your liquid foundation and still feels light. That's what I like about it. I guess no one wants to feel that they're wearing a mask, with all that stuff. 

Aside from these three best products, the kit also includes 2 Full sized brushes.

Secret Camouflage Brush or Concealer brush


I find it too small to use on my under eye, but its perfect for spot concealing. Instead of using your finger, this brush does wonders on concealing little bumps or blemishes on your face.

Camouflage Powder Brush


This brush is best paired with the camouflage powder included in the concealer pot. It gets the job done in setting the concealer. I tried using this as an eye shadow brush and it works well too.

Other accessories inside the kit:
The how to use guide: 

 

How much? 

P 2,450. for all these 7 Fab Products inside + the cute Laura Mercier Pouch which doubles as your new make up kit. Good deal if you ask me. What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. it's a good deal nga. would you believe i don't own anything from laura mercier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad for 2k with all those products. Good buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing this kit on different blogs now. I like the secret concealer but not the tinted moisturizer and the primer but I do hope all these work for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous products! Can't wait to see you wearing them! I'm NC30 and wear Sand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great buy! I've been wanting to buy this for ages..now I want them!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great product! I'd love to give it a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a great set :) i want one tuloy :|

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow love the concealer pair, kinda looks more value for money than the bobbi brown's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Crystal, these are my first stuff from the brand. It's a good thing I got this set. ;)



    Hi Sweetasia, yup its a great buy ;)


    Hi Pammy, love the tinted moisturizer, my skin is dry kasi so wala naman akong problem with it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jamilla, will do an FOTD soon ;)


    @ Vanity, try it! ;)



    Hi The Girlie blog, you should try it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nadine, thanks for reading ;)



    Hi Marge, I agree ;)

    ReplyDelete