Friday, June 3, 2011

Reyster's 6th year anniversary and Gift Giving

It was Reyster's Langit 6th year death anniversary yesterday. Reyster was my former boss, he died six years ago and since then his brother JR and Father Rey Langit took over the company. I've been in the company 11 years now. Heavenly Images Productions for TV or HIP TV as we call it, was Reyster's baby. He started it since 1998, and produced numerous TV programs and commercials. His TV Program Kasangga Mo Ang Langit and Biyaheng Langit airs on IBC 13 until now. 

Right after my graduation-that was year 2000, (I was only 19 years old then,) I entered the company and became a part of the Biyaheng Langit team. From production coordinator I became the Scriptwriter of the show. Reyster was my mentor and trainer then. In year 2004 I was again promoted and  became the Production Manager of the TV program Biyaheng Langit (I still write the scripts of the show until now,) and since then I stayed in the company, even after his tragic death.

Everything I know and what I am now, I owe it all to him. 
 My friends and co-workers
(l-r: Merl, Stef, Ate Norms, Me and Jojie)

Before Reyter's death in 2005, he put up a foundation named after his other show Kasangga Mo Ang Langit. This foundation still helps a lot of people until now. 


Every year, we make it a point to visit him and hear mass in Manila Memorial for his death anniversary, but yesterday was different, because after hearing mass instead of going back to the office as what we normally do, we had a gift giving. His foundation Kasangga Mo Ang Langit sponsored food and school supplies to 100 kids. 

(can you spot me at the back? hint: black)

 (still there at the back. lol)







To Reyster, where ever you are, you'll forever stay in our hearts. ;)


2 comments:

  1. Hi, here's the Blogger Luxury Award for you. :)

    I tagged you in this post:
    http://karlamichelleangco.blogspot.com/2011/06/random-things-about-me-and-award.html

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karla Michelle, thank you very much for the award! ;)

    ReplyDelete